Google Analytics 4
Universal Analytics and Google Analytics 4
On July 1, 2023, standard Universal Analytics properties will no longer process data.
You'll be able to see your Universal Analytics reports for a period of time after July 1, 2023. However, new data will only flow into Google Analytics 4 properties.
The SWKLS Tech Department has scheduled to complete this setup process for all members by November 2022.
- Install the GA Google Analytics Wordpress plugin and activate
- Go to https://analytics.google.com/ (be sure to login under a user with sufficient permissions)
- Select an account and go to Admin (bottom left gear)
- Select the GA4 Setup Assistant option in the middle column list
- Select the 'Get Started' button under the heading 'I want to create a new Google Analytics 4 property'
- Select the 'Create Property' leaving all options as defaulted
- Select 'Go to Your GA4 Property' (new window opens)
- Select 'Data Streams' on the left sidebar
- A data stream for Web should already be created. Select this data stream.
- Copy the Measurement ID at the top right of the window
- Add the Measurement tracking ID to the plugin setting, “GA Tracking ID”
- Select “Global Site Tag” for the plugin setting, “Tracking Method”
- Save changes and done. Wait 24-48 hours before viewing collected data in your GA account.
- Live data should appear for immediate testing within the new GA4 property reports