Jump to navigation Jump to search
On occasion QuickBooks will require administrator level permission to install an update. Your Windows login account does not have sufficient privileges to process the update. Here are the steps to resolve this issue:
- Close / cancel any Quickbooks prompt or exit Quickbooks if it is open.
- Right-click on the Quickbooks desktop icon and choose 'Run as Administrator'.
- A prompt will appear asking for admin credentials for which you can use the library's admin username and it's associated password (cannot give in email, if you cannot remember it call SWKLS).
- This should allow the update to process.
- Once it is finished, you must close Quickbooks and re-open normally otherwise it will not list your company file to open.