Reset Client Network Shutdown Web Login
Password error: unable to log on to PowerChute Network Shutdown (PCNS) or lost user name.
PowerChute Network Shutdown v3.X and 4.X
All supported Operating Systems.
Lost user name or password
- Stop the PowerChute service.
- Go to the group1 directory where PowerChute is installed (default: C:\Program Files\APC\PowerChute\group1).
- Make a backup of the pcnsconfig.ini file - copy it to another directory and rename it to pcnsconfig-backup.ini.
- In the group1 folder, open pcnsconfig.ini in a text editor with elevated priveleges.
- In the [NetworkManagementCard] section of the INI file, set the following lines with your new values:
- username= new user name
- password= new password
- Save pcnsconfig.ini.
- Start the PowerChute service and log in with your new username and password.